Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Light and Shadow

Today, reading from Romans 10:9, 10
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord, " and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

And it is with my eyes that I see Him following me, pacing me, never ahead, and yet always ahead, knowing what will happen. Never behind, yet there to catch me if I were to fall....when I fall on a regular basis....by my side.

It is with my eyes that I see His glory all around. In the growing crops, in the mist over the fields, in the calf wandering to his mother while she waits patiently. In the dew on the blade of grass, in the mountain standing upright and snow-peaked. It is with my eyes that I see him, see a portion of His glory around me when I catch my shadow racing alongside me on my bike.
That is what I saw today. When I looked over my shoulder, when I took the time to look for Him. He was there. He was in my shadow, making me light up as that part of me raced over the corn, the grass, the plants, the trees, the roadway. Funny that I never noticed before, that little bit of shadow, like a lightbox...or an aura...kind of like how Christ is depicted in books...the funny little rays of light that shoot out from his body. I did that today. I stood and held my hands out, palms up, arms extended, and face to Him...and when I opened my eyes to look, I saw that I had Him all around me. He had lent me His glory for those moments...my own little rays streaming out from me while I stood in His creation.

He lent me His glory. I was humbled and cried while I rode. From the minute muscle fibers twitching to the blood flowing, from the tingling in my left hand to the tears on my cheek. from the eyelash that holds a pregnant teardrop to the tendon that holds my knee in place....I was completely His, and he allowed His glory to shine in and through me. I am NOT worthy. but for a moment, I was in heaven. I know He loves me, that He believes in me, and I know that I love Him and believe in Him...for that moment, I saw it. For that moment, we believed together.
If this is having my eyes opened...I love it.

He gave me a gift. He allowed me to feel Him so wholly today, for just a few moments, it was truly divine. Amazing. I love Him for the present.

For just a moment, I was truly living in all His fullness - so limited my imagination here on earth- in this present time, with my shortfalls and failings, I was able to see how He had created me, only by His Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment