Tuesday, March 3, 2009

By His Grace...

This is an attempt to do something my heart has been nagging me about. Perhaps not even my heart, if the title of the blog is anything to think about. I desire to learn more about God. To make my faith more real. To make my relationship with Him, our Holy Creator more real, and more of a relationship, not just an on again, off again fling. To walk with Him daily, talk with Him daily, and really get to know the Most Holy Creator of the Universe. It blows me away that before the world began, before it was created and proclaimed "good", He knew that I would not only be in existence one day, but that I would sit at a laptop computer and talk about the feelings of my heart toward Him. I cannot wrap my mind around that! Then again, if I could, I am not sure that He would be a God that I would want to worship in tears with my face hidden. Or with joy so complete that I am full to overflowing. Or that I would, in my ignorance, sometimes wonder if I really should fear Him, and worry about the day of Judgement and how I will be judged. Truly a God of wonder.
I think about things that happen, and wonder why. I know I am not alone in my wonderings, and know also that I am not asking a deep question. Some of the things in my life have brought me really low, to having nothing. But when I look back now, and even in the middle of my personal ground zero, I was so thankful to have all I did. Out of the ashes of our burned home, 6 months later came a baby. He was, still is, healthy, amazing, incredible, intelligent, and really, really wonderful. God allowed this to happen. Sometime last year, a friend of mine delivered a baby. He was full term, he was healthy. Mom and Dad brought him home, and discovered the joy of being parents for a week. They awoke one week to the day after he was born, and discovered that their little boy had gone home for good. That his stay on earth was so short was, and continues to be, heartbreaking. God allowed this to happen also. I don't understand. Rising from the ashes and car accidents and disease came a baby boy who lives today, yet from a typical pregnancy came a baby boy whose stay was short, almost to the blink of an eye.
I realize that we all have our stories. That to look at someone and judge, or to scoff and scorn at an attitude or an action is so superficial. I am guilty of this daily, and wonder at what my God would say....perhaps that is part of why I am writing this. To write makes something more real, and because I wonder at what my God would say, I am trying to find out. In my story there have certainly been ups and downs, valleys and exalted mountains, the view from either is breath-taking. I am truly fortunate. I am loved, accepted, cherished. I am held accountable and will be judged. I know also, I am forgiven.

I John 2:12 I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.
Thanks be to God, for Paul who wrote inspired by Your words.
Here is to another day By His Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment