I missed You this morning.
I missed seeing You come up over the mountains.
How You start with the palest shades imaginable of pinks and blues.
How all the hills from front to back are black with the night, but then You layer them with shades of gray creating depth where before there was flat darkness.
I missed seeing You gently blend the pinks and blues with purple. Watching You streak the clouds in the sky with orange and white.
And the part where the sky turns to amber and gold, when it seems all day has arrived, and the horizon all around me glows with light, I love that part.
I missed seeing You this morning. Just when I thought things couldn't get any brighter, that we had all the light we needed - goes to show what I know...that's when You break out the sun.
First it comes out with a nudge, a tiny razor of hot yellow that is responsible for turning the sky all those amazing colors. That's about all I can watch...then I must turn my face away from watching each moment and am only able to steal back glimpses.
Like a torch in the most absent of light, You bring on the sun in fullness. The sky goes from bright yellow and orange, promising the day, to being day, full of blues and white clouds. You have exploded in Glorious daylight, once again delivering on a promise of another day...
Is that what it will be like to be with You? In Your presence? That we will be able to look all around You, but not at You, that Your Glory will shine with such radiance and heat that we will have to steal only glimpses? Oh, what delight.
Thank You, Lord, for giving us this day. For exploding onto the scene with fullness and Glory, with delight and radiance. Your arrival each day - though You never leave, is different each time...but the same also. Yes, Lord, I missed You coming this morning, but I am so grateful that even though I missed You, that You will still meet me. That I can still walk through my day with You. Thank You, for being there, each and every day, whether I meet You or not. Can we make a date for tomorrow? I will be working, but will be safe in Your eyes, I raise my eyes to look for You, to watch for You, and I would love a moment to be met by Your Grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment