Hebrews 10:10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
I. Once. As in the number. Once for all. Never needing again. Final. Opening and closing all in one occurance. No sequel. No prequel. Only. That He died for me, and saved me from my thoughts, habits, ways, manners, actions, lack of grace, missing of mercy, departure from kindness. He. died. for. me. And He did it once. Never needs to be done again.
I. As in the number of trees we were forbidden from eating. Only one. One garden. One man. One woman. One serpent. One question. One action. One occasion where one choice was made. One decision. One bite. Once shared. One swerve off the path of good. One point for evil.
I. As in the person. Myself. Singular. Only. If I were the only person in the world. He still would have died once. After having lived once. Taught once. He would have died once. For me. And being the only one, I would have been judge and jury. I would have been the only one there to nail Him to the cross so that he could die for me. As I pounded the nails. I would have heard the echo of the hammer on steel spikes. I would have looked into His eyes. I would have seen the anguish. I would have seen the question there. Why? I would have looked to the heavens as the skies grew dark. I would have been alone. with. Him. saved. by. Him. alone.
I. As in the Alpha. and the Omega. The first and foremost. The only. The overwhelming. The Saviour. The Creator. Once and for all. The most Holy. The giver of Grace, the maker of Mercy. The God of Love and Fierce Jealousy. Free to choose. The sacrifice. The love. The death.
I. One day. One time. One moment. One choice. Once saved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment